On May 3, you will be asked:
Shall the qualified voters of the Town of Dryden approve the purchase of tax parcel 44.-1-2.323 (15 acres on Pinckney Road) as provided for in Resolution #40 of 2016?
Here is what your YES vote will mean.
- Yes means that funds for the purchase will come from the Recreation Reserve fund and will have no effect on your taxes or the budget.
- Yes means that the town can preserve a parcel of land to establish a public park that will eventually link to our hiking and bike trails.
- Yes means adding parkland to a part of town where little parkland or public green space currently exists.
- Yes means protection for a unique area along Fall Creek that could otherwise suffer from unrestricted building.
- Yes means that that Tompkins County will contribute $15,000 toward the purchase, reducing the town’s expense to $56,800.
- Yes means taking the $56,800 from a $306,000 capital fund that was established to be used for opportunities of this kind.
- Yes means that the increased value of nearby land will more than make up for the $84.48 loss in town revenues.
VOTE TUESDAY, MAY 3, BETWEEN NOON AND 8 PM
THERE WILL BE JUST TWO POLLING PLACES.
- If you usually vote at the Freeville or Dryden Fire Station, vote at the DRYDEN FIRE STATION.
- If you usually vote at the Etna Fire Station, Bethel Grove Church or the Varna Community Center, vote at the VARNA COMMUNITY CENTER.